According to Ashish, the present shop owner, this outlet was established in 1918. Earlier, there was a biscuit factory in these premises. Raja Ram started serving tea and biscuits. A cup of tea was priced at 2 pice. The tea was highly appreciated in Aminabad, and soon enough he could establish branches in Chowk and Charbagh. Biscuits were sent to these outlets from here itself. After a few years, his son Ved Nath joined the business. But fortune did not favour him. The branches shut down one by one. Now, the original premises are the only outlet in operation. Ashish finds solace in the fact that his legacy is an outlet that has received abundant appreciation, and that his regular customers refuse to buy tea from anywhere else.